Is your house ready to sell? We are always having people ask us what they can do in order to get their house ready to sell. We have put a short list together in order to help you. This list is not exhaustive by any means, having your Realtor walk through it is the best way to know what needs to be done.
1. Make sure that your house is pest free. Are there mice droppings around? Time to set up some traps to get rid of them. Are there bugs, some of which are damaging to your property? Call an exterminator Bloomington, MN to take care of them. This will be money well spent. Make sure you find a pest control company that is based near to your home. For example, if you live in Roanoke, contact an exterminator Roanoke.
2. How is your curb appeal? Do you have lots of weeds in your front yard? is the lawn mowed and are the flower beds clean, cut and defined? Are the house numbers visible and clean. How does the paint look? What items would draw someones eyes to your house and make them want to come on in and see the inside? These are all great questions to ask yourself. But make sure that you don’t worry about giving your whole house a makeover as this could have an effect on the quick sale of your property. However, it could help to make that all-important difference.
3. Clean your house. Make sure you give your house a deep clean in every room. Even clean the carpets and floors. Don’t forget about the outside of your house as well, you should probably get someone like eavestrough cleaning company to help you get those windows to shine.
4. Are the paint colors neutral and in good condition? Now is the time to touch up the paint and maybe even freshen up the colors. Paint can really freshen up the look of a home.
5. Update the light fixtures and cabinet knobs in your house. If you have an older home this easy and inexpensive repair can add serious value to it.
6. Wash all your windows, inside and out. This helps to let more light in and shows the home even better.
7. Now is the time to purge. Clean out the closets and cupboards. This helps to make the house look like it has plenty of storage. Clean off counters and remove personal effects as this helps for the potential buyer to visualize themselves in the home.
8. Put fresh caulking in the shower.
9. Oil squeaky doors and hinges. Nothing says age more than a squeaky door or cupboard.
10. How is the smell? Do you have pets? Is it an older home? You can add air fresheners and even bake cookies to help the house have a warm and inviting smell.
These are just some ideas that will help get your house ready to sell. The best idea is to have your Realtor walk through and give you their educated view on it.